Here are our frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- 1 day motorcycle rental for 1 person
- tour guide
- water & snacks
- any meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner"
- alcoholic beverages
- motorcycle gear other than specified - you can rent jacket, gloves and saddle bags from us at a small charge
- entrance fees and tolls
- pillion rates (ZAR 1650)
- 2 nights (in 3* accommodation, shared room), 3 riding days
- Tour guide
- Motorcycle hire for 3 days
- Petrol for 3 days
- water, breakfast
- meals (lunch & dinner)
- single accommodation (will be charged extra)
- accommodation in premium accommodation (can be booked extra)
- pillion rider (ask us for costs)
- motorcycle gear other than specified (jacket, gloves & saddle bags can be rented at a small charge from us)
- alcoholic beverages
- entrance fees and tolls
Every tour includes:
- Basic accommodation (bnb and campsites) on twin basis/shared room. Single room occupancy can be arranged on request and at additional charge.
- Meals (set menu, breakfast, lunch, dinner) – please let us know of any special dietary requirements
- Water, soft drinks & road-side snacks along the route
- Motorcycle hire for the entire tour
- Basic Full Cover Motorcycle Insurance
- Petrol for the entire tour
- Every tour is accompanied by a lead guide, a back-up rider and a 4x4 with a baggage trailer.
- Ride-along mechanic
- Any additional meals & food items other than the fixed meal
- Entrance fees to tourist sites
- Special requirements
- Additional activities which can be booked on request (game lodge safari, bungee jumping, wine tasting, shark cage diving and many more)
- Personal travel & health insurance
- Airport pick up & drop (can be arranged on request at additional costs)
Yes, you do! Unfortunately we cannot accept a learners license or a regular car drivers license as the insurance will not cover you or the motorcycle in case of an accident. '
All riders require
- All travel documents including passport and necessary visas
- Bike drivers licence valid in South Africa
- Must be over the age of 18 years old and have at least a year’s riding experience
- South African currency (Rands)
- Personal and travel Insurance
- Medical aid/insurance cover
- Medication for any known ailments
- Luggage (up to a maximum of 16kgs)
- A day pack
- Appropriate riding clothing - protective motorcycle gear including motorcycle pants, riding jacket and shoes, gloves
- Something warm to protect you agains the wind, a wind-layer for your riding gear
- Helmet - open face or full face
- Sun Screen
- Insect Repellent
Our tours cater for all levels of rider experience and include both on and off-road components. We welcome all travel enthusiast and family and children are always welcome! You want to bring your dog? Ask us!
Pillions and non-riders are also welcome on request at a surcharge.
Our comfortable 4x4 vehicles can accommodate family members, friends as well as children and you have the opportunity to keep switching between your exciting bike ride, or a relaxed moment in our vehicle.
We say, the more the merrier!
- 1 DAY TOURS: We are happy to arrange a rider with a side car for your co-travellers, so that your family can join you on the trip, while you are riding one of our fantastic Royal Enfield motorcycles.
- 3 & 7 DAY TOURS: Co-Travellers can accompany you as pillion on your bike, or as traveller in our 4x4-Van. Contact us for pillion/co-traveller rates!
Do you have special wishes and plans for the tour? Talk to us!
We are happy to add special requests and activities, help you with extra day bookings or to create a fully customised experience for an exclusive group tour booking!
AT OUR RETZA CAFE @ SALT RIVER
- Our bikes are based in Salt River at our RETZA Cafe. The opening timings are 8.30am till 5pm (or as discussed), and we are closely located to the MyCiti Bus line, which easily connects you to the city & the airport.
- We understand that you may want to start your ride early, or it might take a bit longer to return. Contact us to discuss convenient pick up & drop timings for you!
BIKES @ BLOUBERGSTRAND and CAMPS BAY
- We also have some of our bikes based in Bloubergstrand at Viper Lounge, and in Camps Bay where you can pick up the motorcycles for rental. The opening timings are 9am till 6pm.
CITY PICK UP & DROP
- We offer inner city pick up & drop service for our bikes at a charge of ZAR 275 (one way). Let us know where you are staying or where you'd like to pickup/drop off the bike, and we will arrange it for you.
AIRPORT PICKUP & DROP
- We offer personal car pick up & drop services to/fro the airport which can drop you directly at our Bloubergstrand base, or to your hotel. The costs per person & pick up are ZAR 300.
This is really easy! We are based in 9, Factory Road, Salt River/Woodstock, 7925 Cape Town and just a 5-10 minute drive away from the city centre.
The quickest is to take an UBER (it's safe!) which should cost you around ZAR 50 from the city centre.
We are also happy to arrange a personal car pickup or drop for you! Just drop us a message and let us know your arrival details.
Call us, send us an email, or simply click on the enquire now button on this page!
GUIDED TOURS (7 day & 3 day)
Let us know which tour interests you, how many people you are, and your preferred travel dates! We will get back to you immediately to make sure we have all your details, special wishes and clarify all your questions!
We will then send you a booking confirmation along with the payment link.
ONE DAY TOURS
You can book by contacting us, or book directly on Airbnb.
Contact us for availability & booking, or drop by at our base in Bloubergstrand or Camps Bay.
Once you've booked your tour with us, we will send you a payment link to settle the payment.
One Day Tours: 100% payment prior to the tour start.
Rentals: 100% payment prior to rental start. We levy a deposit of ZAR 3,000 for the motorcycle. No worries, it will only be blocked on your credit card and as soon as you bring back the bike, we will release it.
Discoverer Tour: We take a 50% advance payment up to 4 weeks to the tour date, and a final payment 4 weeks prior to the tour date.
Waiver & Insurance: Prior to the tour/rental, or latest on the first day itself, you will be required to sing a waiver. All our motorcycles have a comprehensive insurance. However, you will be liable for smaller damages and reckless riding. Please make sure to carry your legal full riding license and an official ID with you, or send us a copy via email or WhatsApp.
Yes, all our motorcycles have a comprehensive insurance. However, you will be required to sign an indemnity form upon tour start / rental start, and to pay a deposit of ZAR 3000 which we will refund at the end of the tour or rental. You will be liable for any damages up to the deposit value. Insurance exclusions are accidents caused due to neglectance, reckless driving and driving under the influence of alcohol.
There are plenty of amazing activities and things to do in & around Cape Town. Depending on how much extra time you have, we are happy to suggest and help you book your add-on activities or trips. Things you could do are:
- City trips: Visit Camps Bay, Clifton Beach, visit the Table Mountain (if the weather is good!), local markets, Art Thursday, go Sala Dancing!
- Vineyard trip & Wine Tasting in Franschhoek or Stellenbosch. It's really close and extremely beautiful, not to forget the great wine experience.
- Extreme activities: Sand Boarding, Shark Cage Diving, Bungee Jumping, Private Game Drive Safari.
Travelling safely anywhere in the world, including in South Africa, requires a bit of local knowledge and a good dose of situational awareness. Below are a few basic tips, along with a reminder that an informed traveler is a safe traveler, regardless of your location.
- Make photocopies of important items in your wallet and pay special attention to the emergency numbers on the back of your credit cards. Store the copies safely somewhere away from your wallet.
- This should be a no-brainer but do not drink and drive. South Africa’s laws in this regard are strict and consequences are severe.
- Follow the traffic rules, obey the speed limit at all times and keep a safe following distance.
- Be aware of pick-pockets. Put wallets / phones in front pockets and be mindful of your bags in crowded areas, which can easily be opened if you are unaware.
South Africa is a great all-around the year destination.
October till April are the 'summer months' in Cape Town & the Western Cape, with November till January being the hottest time - ideal for a beach vacation. This is the best seasons for motorcycle rides, as the days are sunny and warm. Yet temperatures drop at night to 10-15 degrees. It is always good to carry a sweater and a set of warm clothes along.
April till September spots lower temperatures and it can get quite cold with rainy days. Yet, the Western Cape is beautiful at this time, and it is the perfect seasons for whale watching!
Being a coastal area, it is quite windy throughout the year and it takes usually 2-3 days to get used to riding in the wind. Make sure to carry wind-proof gear for more comfort.
Yes, riding in South Africa can be different from your home country. It's always good to familiarise yourself with the local rules and regulations upfront.
Here are few specialities that you should know:
- Left-hand traffic: Surprise! Yes, we ride on the left side of the road. Don't worry, you will quickly get a hang of it. Just take it easy and be extra careful in the beginning until you are used to it. It's really simple.
- 4-Way Stops: Be alert when you come to an intersection with a four way stop, which are common in South Africa. Rule of thumb is “first come, first served“, so pay attention and wait your turn to avoid a possible collision.
- Crazy traffic: depending on where you ride, traffic can be quite heavy, with lots of mini-busses driving really close or into the opposite direction. Just always keep an eye on the road and your surrounding, and you should be fine.